Kia ora Room 11,
I am so very lucky that I have a lot of lovely areas 5 minutes away from my home to walk (and attempt to run!) through each and every day.
Here are some pictures of the bush walk that is just down the road from me.
Sometimes there are even cows on the paddock I run through, though they run away pretty quickly if I get too close. At first I used to get a bit worried they would come really close to me, but now I like to walk through and observe what they are doing.
I've got a question for you. What do you see on your walk around your neighbourhood? What do you notice? We have a lot more time to walk slowly now and take everything in. Draw a picture of something you see in your neighbourhood if you are out for a walk. Or write a sentence to describe what you see.
Ka kite,
Sarah.
Kia ora koutou! Welcome to Room 11's blog We are year 5 and 6 learners in Kauri team and part of Tui hub. We enjoy sharing our learning and our experiences so please read our blog posts and don't forget to leave a comment or a question. You can access our Kauri site by the link below.
Thursday, April 23, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Stu Duval is such a fantastic storyteller. We love how he captured our attention with words, actions and sound effects. He uses humou...
-
This morning Room 12 spent some time looking in awe at the Redwood tree. We decided to see if we could get the whole class round the base of...
-
Today we went swimming for the first time this year in our school pool. Here are some pictures of us swimming. Today we did bottom dives w...



We see a lot of teddy bears on the window around our area, some even holding their fences trying to escape.
ReplyDeleteAren't the teddy bears great? I've been noticing if there are news ones up in my neighbourhood and sometimes overnight they've moved. Haha, I bet they are wondering why everyone is at home all day!
DeleteWe see a lot of teddy bears on the window around our area, some even holding their fences trying to escape.
ReplyDeleteWe see lots of teddy bears too! Some in cars, some in the window. There's even a huge king kong a couple of house down from us hanging off a garage roof!
ReplyDelete-Rohan
A king kong? Amazing! Some people have gone all out and I love it. I saw some massive Poppies for ANZAC day on my run today, so lovely!
DeleteI like to walk along the river with Dave my husband LilyBean the sausage dog. From the river path I can see the trees turning beautiful autumnal colours and they look so perfect against the sky when it's at it's bluest. Yesterday I walked through Seely's Gully near Hamilton East school and there were two Tui playing chasing, they were making such a big racket! There are a lot of Rozella's around too. They are green with red, blue and yellow on their wings. They come from Australia, so are not NZ native birds but they are very pretty to look at and I think they're a little bit cheeky too. I have also seen Rohan on my walk which was a great surprise!
ReplyDeletei have only seen 1 teddy bear it was small and it was sitting at the bottom of a sliding door just across the train tracks in my block my nana even put her Winnie the pooh bear on her window sill but i only noticed it when i got inside so mum cound do the grocery.
ReplyDeleteI have a pair of kereru spending time in a tree close to my house. One kereru popped down to have a drink in the bird bath. I rushed inside to get my phone for a photo but it was gone when I got back.
ReplyDeleteJan
Good morning Sarah and Jude😁
ReplyDelete