Mōrena Room 12
This morning I decided to do a bit of kitchen science about density. Can you balance layers of water on top of each other? Turns out you can if you change their density with a bit of sugar... or perhaps something else?
Have a watch of this video, it is quite long and not perfectly edited, but I am learning so much about movie making with imovie I can not wait to get back in the class room and do it with you all.
Kia pai tō koutou rā Room 12
Kia ora koutou! Welcome to Room 11's blog We are year 5 and 6 learners in Kauri team and part of Tui hub. We enjoy sharing our learning and our experiences so please read our blog posts and don't forget to leave a comment or a question. You can access our Kauri site by the link below.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Stu Duval is such a fantastic storyteller. We love how he captured our attention with words, actions and sound effects. He uses humou...
-
This morning Room 12 spent some time looking in awe at the Redwood tree. We decided to see if we could get the whole class round the base of...
-
Today we went swimming for the first time this year in our school pool. Here are some pictures of us swimming. Today we did bottom dives w...
Do i HAVE to do this? We don't have enough things to do this
ReplyDeleteNo, you absolutely don't have to do this!! These videos are just to say good morning and to share with you what I am doing, and maybe get you thinking. But...what did you think of the experiment? Also, please could you say who the comment is from, so I know who I am talking to?
ReplyDeleteThis is really awesome Edie, I want to give it a go and show it to my children. Love how you tried again so that we could see the colours, you are definitely thinking and acting like a scientist!
ReplyDeleteHi Edie,
ReplyDeleteDoes this work with brown sugar?
-rohan
Great question Rohan, I would think so because brown sugar dissolves just like white sugar...but I haven't tried so I can't be sure...I wonder if someone can test that??
DeleteI am going to try this today but I am going to use salt. I will record myself doing it so you can see if the result is the same or not. What a great experiment Edie and yes it does use a lot of sugar but it also got me thinking about why this happened and I think that's really what you want R12 scientists to be doing too?
ReplyDeleteI think that the experiment is very interesting and I wonder if it would work horizontally ?
ReplyDeleteInteresting idea, could you tell me how you might try that? Don't forget to leave your name so I know who I am talking too!!
DeleteHi again, I was all excited to try the experiment this morning using salt. I got all the ingredients out but unfortunately I didn't have enough salt. I could only stretch 3 tablespoons out and I didn't think that would give me enough information about density. So I will go to the supermarket this weekend and buy some more salt. Check back next week!
ReplyDelete