Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Mōrena Room 12 - What's growing in the gully?

Mōrena Room 12, come and take a look at what's growing in the gully in this warm and wet weather

 

5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Edie and Room 12, when I watched this video it reminded me of when I was young and would stay with my Nan. We would go into the bush on her farm and find shelf fungi. My nan and her friends used to make floral arrangements and used the shelf fungi as part of their displays. Nan would get us kids to carry it home, then polish them black with boot polish. I wonder whether it really was called shelf fungi or if it had a different name? Whaea Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow edie! I saw some red toadstools when I went for a walk around the block in my neighbours front garden! Also i think those are kaka or kahikatia berries.

    -Rohan ruma 11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the red toadstools, they look like cartoon ones but I wouldn't touch them. Yes!! you win the prize - they are Kahikatea seeds, or berries. Virtual chocolate fish coming your way:)

      Delete
  3. What an interesting gully you have Edie, so many varieties of fungi. I have a joke for you ....
    Q. What do you call a friendly mushroom?
    A. A 'fungi' to be with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gully is a lovely place to go exploring.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete