Friday, August 12, 2011

Mother Duck

Yesterday Hazel and Graciana phoned the Hamilton Press to ask them to write an article in their paper about our Mother Duck. We hope to see the Hamilton Press in our school soon.




Hamilton East Schools surprising visitor.
Hamilton East School students were greeted by a fluffy visitor while arriving to school on Monday morning. To their surprise there, nesting in fairyland located behind Room two was a mother duck.
So many questions were buzzing around and students were puzzled as to how mother duck arrived. Some students  say she flew all the way from Antarctica. Other students say she waddled from the mighty Waikato river; the younger students say mother duck came on her monster truck. Hamilton East School students will never know how she arrived. That shall remain a mystery. But as mother duck is nesting comfortably in fairyland the student’s wait with excitement for the safe arrival of the little ducklings to make their grand entrance into the world.
To be greeted by their mother duck and the faces that attend Hamilton East School. I guess you can say these ducklings will be starting school very early. Ready to gain knowledge at an excellent school.
But for now mother duck is in a secure place away from predator's.  
By Graciana  9


5 comments:

  1. Oh how cute. I wonder how many eggs she's going to have?




    From Room12 Kristie
    room12hes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture of mother duck and really good story graciana
    it is really interesting.




    by makaylah room12.hes blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thank you Krisite. Mother duck is going to have 1 egg i think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you makaylah

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing story Graciana when i first read it i almost fell off my seat. I love way you you put wow words through out your story. I also like the picture of mother duck.I wonder how many eggs she has and when there due.
    Katarina

    ReplyDelete