Thursday, September 22, 2011

Imagine if school was closed..


School’s Out!
“Come on, we are almost….” My voice trailed off like a car engine slowing and stopping. All around me children were turning and walking back to their houses, cars were being driven back with children still in them! “School’s closed. No, sorry Erin you can’t stay here.” Erin and me ran right out of town towards my house. Finally we were passing paddocks. We turned down my drive and dumped our bags inside. I changed into jodhpurs, no one was home.

We raced out side, over the fence and towards the stable. I past Gold Dust’s bridle and lead rope to Erin. I grabbed Champion’s lead rope and bridle. We led the horses to the stable then we groomed them and tacked them up. I jumped up on Champion, a slender through breed chestnut with a black mane. Erin had already mounted Gold Dust a palomino (a color not a breed, a thorough breed as well). We set at a canter along the endless green that made up the backyard. I practiced jumping, me and Erin are the best at Phillips Equine, so we knew what we were doing. We broke into a gallop down the slopes and cantered back up, trotting… Erin started walking but I decided to keep trotting. We dismounted the horses and put the saddle away. I handed Erin an apple to feed the horses.

I changed into my togs and gave Erin a pair to borrow. I dived into the pool from a 10 metre board, the water washing over me was like someone healed me. Erin dived in and …by the looks of things she had just had the same sensation. Hazel came around the corner and she was in her togs as well. She summa salted in to the water spraying us with water! “Right! Time to get you back, by the way hello,” I said. Erin, me and Hazel all started spray each other.

Before we knew it night had fallen and we were getting cold, we went inside dried off and made dinner which consisted of a wrap. After we treated ourselves to a piece of chocolate cake and a Milo.
We got into our P.J.’s and snuggled down into our sleeping bags out side to star gaze. A shooting star crossed the sky “Make a wish!” I cried.

The next day we awoke to find that Champion had a foal. Hazel named the foal Chancy. Erin checked the calendar as we ate breakfast  “ Hey guys it ‘s the holidays and our parents are away hooray!” 

Penny

6 comments:

  1. Well thank you for putting my name in your story, Penny. In my story I put your name in! Erin Room12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    do you like my story?
    I hope you do because I tried really hard to come up with it.
    I put horses in because their my favorite animal.
    I also put my best friends in because we have a lot of fun together.
    from Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Penny I really enjoyed your story and will make sure that I read it to Room 11 tomorrow. Keep up the fantastic writing wahooo Penny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WISH I COULD HAVE A DAY OFF SCHOOL LIKE THAT ONE!
    Great use of language Penny. Maybe one day you could write a book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW that's amazing girl,and I have heard that your name is penny,so penny amazing story

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could write as good as you. You are so good at exspsing your story

    ReplyDelete