Friday, September 2, 2011

Cooking in the Cool Kids Kitchen

Today we all tasted and made hot lemon and honey drinks. 
To make these we had to wash our hands or in Maori we say 'horoi o ringaringa.'  



Then Miss Coogan cut the lemons for us to squeeze. We spooned the lemon juice into a cup, next we put put a teaspoon or so of honey.



 It was tricky getting the honey out because the honey was hard. So instead we ran our spoons under the hot tap then scooped the honey out.

 We waited patiently for an adult to pour hot water and then a little cold water too. We stirred until the honey had dissolved. 




While we were making the lemon and honey drinks, Mrs Blair and some other children used Katarina's
recipe. They made lemon and poppy seed muffins. Mrs Blair forgot the yogurt so we had to make the recipe with a little bit of milk. Mrs Blair told us a secret of how to test if your muffin's are ready. She pressed her finger on the muffin. The first try it made a dent in the muffin but on the second try it bounced back up. All of us loved the muffins!
(If you want the recipe, click on the lemon post and then comments and it will be there.)
Katarina







9 comments:

  1. Dear Room 12
    I liked the muffins because it made me want to eat them and the hot lemon
    drinks too. I Have had the hot lemon drink too. Did you eat them all?
    From Bradley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Room 1,
    If I had one of those lemon and honey drinks I will dribble for it. I have made some before and they were yummy. Did you try making a cold lemon and honey drink with ice in it?
    From Tylah-Dawnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Room 12,
    The lemon muffin looks so delicious it makes me want to have them all. Yum! I like lemonade to. Do you like lemonade to?
    from Rafeea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Room 12
    I like the way the muffins look. I have eaten a lemon muffin before. Do you like eating lemons?
    From Alaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Room 12
    I love your lemonade. It looks so delicious. Lemons are so delicious, I like lemonade too. Was your lemonade that you made delicious.
    From Battool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Room 12,
    When you cook something you make me hungry. I like your muffins. They look delicious. Did you have any left?
    From Shaneille

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must have been yum and can you please give a comment back just to say how you liked it.


    Abigail Room12

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes our lemon and honey drinks were delicious, Battool. Erin Rm12

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum!Those cupcakes were good,they were so good,I want to have more
    From Ismail

    ReplyDelete