Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Autumn - By Katarina

When it’s autumn the leaves slowly drift off their branches, as children run crunching on the leaves like a hard biscuit.
Stop and notice how all the leaves look like a quilt spread out on the grass.
Then pick up a leave, look at it closely. Look at how the vines almost look like scratch marks.
Smell the leaves. Smell its earthy smell. Smell it so hard you can almost taste it.
Feel the roughness of the leaf, and the jagged edges. What type of texture is it?
Walk pass the bare trees. There’s not even a single leave on it, but then you happen to find one. Watch it slowly drift down and make a special autumn wish.    

4 comments:

  1. Great work woderfull description , it almost inspires you to do what it says! Great work good similies!

    P.S be sure to check out our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi my names is zaheer, I reealy like ure blog and you can go are blog which is www.plymouthgrove.net or http://65c.plymouthgrove.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katarina

    I so enjoyed your Autumn poem. It painted some amazing pictures in my mind! It made me feel that I desperately don't want it to be Autumn again just yet as I am just enjoying Spring! However, your writing made Autumn seem like something to look forward to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you so much everybody.I was looking at a leave and I wanted to paint a picture in your mind.
    Ps it was autumn when i wrote the poem.
    Katarina

    ReplyDelete