Can you see what is growing bigger in Room 12?
Emily bought a swan plant to school from her house. We have been watching everyday as more and more caterpillars hatch from the eggs.
On Friday we left 8 caterpillars on our swan plant. When we came to school this morning we found one chrysalis and one caterpillar in a j shape turning into a chrysalis. All our other caterpillars are busy eating and growing bigger.
Do you know why we have a pumpkin at the bottom of swan plant?
Thank you for bringing a swan plant to school for us Emily.



Oh my goodness Room 12! You almost have a caterpillar farm in your classroom.
ReplyDeleteDo you think Room 4 could have 1 caterpillar? We had 2 caterpillars but 1 got sick and died. The other caterpillar is making a chrysalis but we still have lots of leaves on our swan plant.
From Anna
Room 4
Yes Anna we think it would be a great idea if you came and took a caterpillar for your swan plant. Our caterpillars have eaten all our leaves and we only have pumpkin to offer them. We saw your healthy looking plant on our way to the kitchen garden this morning. Come and chose which one you would like.
DeleteFrom Room 12
I like the catipeller's in our class. Because soon as they turn into butterfly's they will be butterfly's in our class. They might land on you.
ReplyDeleteAbigail , Room12, Hamilton east school.
my caterpillars name is connor and my friend makkis one is tom my one is allready
ReplyDeletein a chysalis
from Brooklun and Makki
I have a chrysalis at home and I used to have a caterpillar hanging upside down like a J.
ReplyDeleteBut it died because it was on the net curtain. It was shaken around to much so it died.
from Emily room12hes
WOW!!! Almost all the caterpillars had made a chrysalis. Some of them are still eating but when they're full they will make chrysalis. I can't wait till thwy are butterflies.
ReplyDeleteFrom Afifah
WOW I wish we had a caterpillars in are school.
ReplyDeleteFrom jasmin and kensey from norbridge acadamy
Hi our names are India and Alissa we think that the catapilers are great we wish we had them at our school.
ReplyDeletegross I bet the catapillar is slimpy when you hold it.
ReplyDeletecool catapelis we never see any hear. How did u get them?
ReplyDeletethats so cool in third grade my class grew silk worms they are just like caterpilars and they grow into moths.
ReplyDeleteWow those catipilars look really cool, what type of catipilars are they I wish we had catipilars in our class
ReplyDeleteluke.k 5/6 la
Yuck those catipillers looks gross but also looks cool. Hope you guys were having heaps of fun.
ReplyDeleteWhat type of catipillars are they? They look poisinus.
from Camille
Mrs.Boyhans Blog 5/6 La
Hi room12 I like your caterpillars they look cool
ReplyDeleteFrom: Hodan.
I think you have it there because thats what they eat. Wow I have never had a catipilers but I have had ant farms. I can't wait till' another makes a chrysalis.
ReplyDeletefrom,
Matthew from wisconsin
cool! Raising catterpillars must be fun. Do the catterpillars eat the pumpkin?
ReplyDeleteDear class 12,
ReplyDeleteThose caterpillars look really wierd. They look really creepy.
What type of caterpillar are they?
Maddison
Mrs Boyhan's Blog
Dear class 12,
ReplyDeletei dont like caterppillars they are so ugly and creepy.
do they live in the classrooom? I hope you have fun with your caterpillars.
From Alex mrs boyhans blog
Wow
ReplyDeleteHi Room 12
My name is Natasha.I go to Parkvale school in Hastings.
I like you stripy friends.I have had a swan planet before in my garden.It had heaps of caterpillars on it.They are really cool I like watching them come out of there chrysalis.Is the pumpkin for them to eat?
Wow that is really cool and awesome that must be so fun to have him.
ReplyDeleteDavid from Richards
4krichards.edublogs.org/
I think it cool that you guys are raising catarpilars
ReplyDeletein class!:)MONARK!:)
wow the caterpillars look stripy and long.
ReplyDeleteI use to have caterpillars but they never came out of their cocoon ):
from Isabella
mrs boyans blog