Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tukutuku patterns

 We have  been learning about tessellations. We have learnt that there are tessellations in the Maori art of Tukutuku panels. We have made our own tessellations and now we are learning to make our own tukutuku panel. 

Do you know the names of the panels below and what they mean?

a.b.c.

d. e.



Here is a picture of our tessellations in our class room.



9 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Great work room12!
    I think I know the maori names for the tuku tuku panels: A.-Patikitiki, B.-?, C.-Poutama, D.-Romata's tears, & E.-? Am I right?
    Bye

    Erin room 12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those pictures of your tessellations are cool. You fit the shapes in good.
    from krystie room12

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Room 12. How are you doing? I love your art work. NO i dont know the names of your panels but I do like your tessellations :)
    Elizabeth Rm8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those are very good work. When did you make it .
    From Bradley rm 8

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Room12. They are some great tessellations. I wouldn't have thought of that.
    Avikash Rm8

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! look at that room 12! I am extremly proud of your tessellations. looking good! By Ryan Room 8

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Room12. They look great. I wish I could do that.
    by Eli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow room 12.
    They are cool tukutuku patterns.

    From Xakiryion Room 10
    HES

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your pictures.
    From Mia
    Room 4

    ReplyDelete