Monday, February 15, 2016

Our Pepeha

We are learning how to say our Pepeha by knowing about our connections to our mountain, our river, our ocean, our canoe and our ancestors. We value parent support with our students learning about themselves and recording this information.

Please leave a comment if you have anything you wish to share about your family history that could be used in your child's pepeha.








4 comments:

  1. Tom's Pepeha

    I'm from Waitakere/Waikato.My awa is Waikato river. My maunga is Waitakere ranges and Taupiri.I was born in new zealand. My ancestors came from: Scotland,England,Ireland and America. Cooley comes from Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. River/Awa - Waikato
    Mountain/Maunga - Pirongia
    Waka -
    marae - Otawhao (Te Awamutu College)
    ko Tobias toku tungane
    Ko Cassia raua ko Natalia toku teina
    Ko Barnaby toku papa
    Ko Megan toku mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see your Pepeha on the blog Ilaria and Tom. I wonder who else will do there's now that you have got us started?

    ReplyDelete
  4. In room 3 we are learning our Pepeha too. We are learning to say Ko______ ahau. Which means I am ______. From your buddy class Room 3

    ReplyDelete