We think the RSA and HCC have done a
wonderful job of making the Memorial
Gardens look lovely for ANZAC day.
25th April 2015.
Some of us will be going down to the commemorations tomorrow. We might even eat ANZAC biscuits!!
Kia ora koutou! Welcome to Room 11's blog We are year 5 and 6 learners in Kauri team and part of Tui hub. We enjoy sharing our learning and our experiences so please read our blog posts and don't forget to leave a comment or a question. You can access our Kauri site by the link below.
I remember when I went to the memorial park.On the crosses I was looking for Peter Buck because he went to world war 1 and coz he is my great great uncle and I was looking for Mckinnon because he was a teacher at ham east be for he went to war. From Jubilee Rm 11
ReplyDeleteI was looking for Mckinnon too and I found two of the Mckinnon family.
DeleteJoshua rm:11
It was really fun going to memorial park. All of the flowers were so pretty. If only I was at Hamilton East School next year so I could go.
ReplyDeleterm11
Today our class room 11 we buddied with room 13 we went memorial park. Yesterday Anna came over and told us about this website and she told us about these brothers that fought in ww1. At memorial park we found a cross with the name McKinnon. Desmond
ReplyDeletePoppies are red Poppies are blood like the solders blood. We will remember the people who fights in WW1.
ReplyDeleteI remember that when we went to memorial park we walked through to pay our respects and lay a wreath on the cenotaph.
ReplyDeleteHamish Room11
I really liked the walk down to the memorial park it was so cool looking at the bi grave so we can remember the soldiers that died in WW1 to protect
ReplyDeleteNew Zealand. By Max
I remember that my school went to the memorial park and we were looking around .
ReplyDeletel remember going walk too.
ReplyDeleteform Ahmed