Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Update on the fish and praying mantis...

 Mōrena Room 11,

I thought I'd give you an update on the fish and the praying mantis egg sack.

On Monday Emily and I decided to empty the fish tank as it was getting a bit stinky and it was either clean it or empty it, as we are getting towards the end of term we decided to empty it.

I caught the 5 fish with a net, which was tricky as they are similar colour to lots of the stones and move very fast! We then emptied the tank and took out all the stones.

If we get back to school our fish tank group will probably need to wash the stones and wipe the tank.

Anyway, I took the fish back to Luci so they are all safe now!


Then I checked the praying mantis egg sack, and it has hatched!!!! Load of little baby praying mantis all over the place!!!


Emily took the tank over to Room 3 for her bubble teaching and they are continuing to come out 2 days later...have a look at these pics!





1 comment:

  1. It looks like the guppies have grown quite alot!

    ReplyDelete