Friday, February 15, 2019

Exploring Hamilton Gardens

Today, Hamilton East School went to the Hamilton Gardens. We were going to go to Hukanui Marae… but there was a Tangi, so we came to the Hamilton Gardens instead. Here was our experience (Rohan).

On 14/2/2019 Hamilton East School went to the Hamilton gardens. We saw amazing flowers! In almost every garden they have water. It was so hot.
I really liked the trip because there was a lot of different flowers. After we walked for a very long time, the kapa haka group performed in the parapara garden in front of the wharenui. It was so sunny and the sun was burning my eyes. I wonder if we can we go to the garden again (Mayesa)
Because there was a slight change of plans we still wanted to have a Maori cultural experience, so we went to the Parapara garden in the Hamilton Gardens. It was a marvellous garden, there were beautiful flowers, grand fountains and a lovely Maori display with a lot of kumara growing in mounds! (Reagan)


On our walk, we went to the Italian garden and took a big group photo of the Kauri team. I saw the leaves growing up the side of the building and wondered how this happened. I liked it. We did some sketching and observing of all the beautiful gardens, ate morning tea and caught the bus back home (Beau).

We finally got inside the maori garden and this is what it looked like and while we were there we ate morning tea and performed (Emily W)


There are so many fountains at the Hamilton Gardens. We were splashing and dipping our hands in because it was so hot. (Bella)

Overall we had an amazing experience! My favourite part was the kapa haka performance in the Maori garden, they were awesome. I really enjoyed the boys haka. We had a wonderful day exploring the Hamilton Gardens! (Mele)


No comments:

Post a Comment