Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Planting in our garden

A few days ago we planted some spinach from seed. We planted spring onion and basil too. 
We got some soil and some pots, we planted some inside to see how fast they grow. We also put some in the garden to see if they grow better in our class or in the garden. 
We have to water them everyday. They are growing so quickly already! 



If you have a garden, what do you have growing in it? 


5 comments:

  1. Hi kids (And of course Mrs.Blair),

    I've missed you all so much, even though It's only been a few weeks. Berkley is really fun & cool! I hope atleast one student will come to Berkley next year and join me! (Fingers crossed!)

    Today & the first couple of weeks I've felt lonely, because ya' know....it's sort of hard to make friends;
    And the only kids that come from Hamilton East School that go to Berkley, are Eli, Lily, and me.

    So I explored a place called 'The Friendship Centre'. It might sound babyish to you guys, but no way! It's anything but babyish! I went inside, and there must have been 60 children doing lots of different things & activities;
    All you have to do is go in, find someone (Or a group), then ask if yo can play with them.
    Then VOILE you've got a new friend! Pretty clever huh? So that's what I did today;
    You guys should think about doing something similar in the library!?

    So finally, the answear to your question is:
    I do have a garden at my house, and in it I have tomatos, MILLIONS of flowers, strawberries, tyme, parsly, a lemon tree, spinach, broccolie, and lettuce.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,

    That is a very long comment! We loved hearing about your new experience at Berkley School.

    We think your house sounds pretty amazing to have that many things growing there.
    We planted Thyme in our class garden because it grows quite easily from clippings.

    What is the best thing about your new school?

    From Mrs Blair and Room 12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Well you're welcome for the long comment, and the best thing about Berkley is....um....let's see.....oh yes! New Horizoins, New Horizions are 35 different camps you HAVE TO GO TO, but you can pick out of 35 different camps. Some may be held in Rotorua, Hamilton, Cambrige, Great Barrier Island, or Berkley. Here are my top 3 options:

      1.Making A Raquet-(It's a tennis camp)
      2.Let's go Dancing
      3.Fishing Coramandle Stlye

      I'll get to know which camp I'm in tomorrow!-(Friday)

      Erin

      Delete
  3. Our school has a garden outside, though now it is wintertime here. There hasn't been much food or anything growing there. A couple months ago, grade 4L went to the garden and explored everything that was grown there. We played a bingo game where we had to identify the plants from their names. Our science teacher and head of school helped us.

    ReplyDelete