We visited Memorial park today.
We sketched the environment around us, we could choose between trees or a Spitfire XV1 replica plane from World War Two, or a cannon.
James touched the cannon, the cannon felt like metal so it was cold and hard. James could just reach a thing to pull and it felt smooth. We saw a man inside the plane but we think he is not real!
Robert could see a missile casing so we could see what the cannon used to fire.
We played at the playground, it has changed a lot. There were three pools. They moved the see saw closer and there were some neat eggs to sit in and swing around on.
Memorial and Parana Parks on PhotoPeach
Photos are courtesy of Lita who was a fantastic photographer.
Dear Room 12,
ReplyDeleteHello, we are the Techie Kids from Michigan, USA. We enjoyed watching your Photo Peach. Lita did a splendid job taking pictures! Our plan is to learn strategies for taking quality photos and proper use of digital cameras soon. Maybe she could offer us a few tips. :)
Many of us have visited Memorial Parks in our area as well. We enjoy seeing many of the old aircrafts. We feel connected to history somehow.
Our class has been talking about the weather in our area and comparing it to other areas of the world. We've noticed that some areas have been mentioning snow and blizzards while other bloggers discuss swimming and warm temperatures. We think that your southern hemisphere location is why you are wearing short sleeves and sun hats. We are curious to find out what seasonal activities you are currently enjoying. We are also hoping that you could share about what your winter is like. If you are willing, we'd love to hear from you!
From,
Mrs. Moore and the Techie Kids
Dear Techie kids and Mrs.Moore
DeleteHi our names are Shae And Tobias,we are in room12.
We had LOTS of fun at Memorial park.Here in New zealand we have quiet a few memorial Parks.It is summer here at the moment and its hot,all though when it is winter it is cold.It does not snow in hamilton but it does in some other places in new zealand.
From Tobias and Shae
Dear Mrs. Blair,
ReplyDeleteYou are very lucky that you and your got to visit Memorial Park! I always wanted to visit there. My class never had a field trip in 2012- 2013!
WOW!!!We had so much fun going to Memorial Park and Parana Park....I liked the playground duck and the eggs when there were cracked.
ReplyDeleteLita
I was very happy to go on a trip that day. Even though it was short it felt like it was longer than that. It was fun to play with all my friends. It was really awsome to go to the park with the whole class. I've never been to the Memorial Park with any class before. Thank you for taking all of us we had a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteFrom Tahniah and Jeszmuel Rm 12
It was really fun we sketched lots and got to play on the new playground.
ReplyDeletefrom Travis & Georgia
it was fun at parana park because we got to look at the cannon and aireplane we also got to played on the playground and skecth
ReplyDeleteroom12tyrone and nate
That was a fun day at Memorial Park we seen a lot of things so if you want to see the Show look up on the screen. Yer it was fun we got to draw a Spitfire and a Cannon Trees by Tangi
ReplyDeleteI was very excited going to memorial park because we got to play on the playground we got to sketch and it was really fun at memorial park. I think the parent helper was getting hot and tired. I was happy.
ReplyDeleteFrom Jeszmuel and Tahniah
We were so lucky that we were the only class that went on the trip to parana park.Lots of parents came with us to parana park.We all loved to go back for another trip that was so awesome that we went......That was our first time going on trip this year loved it so much............
ReplyDeleteBy Shardonaeh in room 12
Thank you Mrs Moore and Techie kids.
ReplyDeleteThat looks fun. I cant wait in 'til we go.
ReplyDeleteMartin rm8
Hi room12,
ReplyDeleteIt's Brian and Aryan. Thank you for showing us the chickens Mrs Blair.
I was surprised on how good the playground looked. It had a good view from the over look. There was an obstacle course and 3 pools.
ReplyDeleteI like the new look
From Georgia
Sketching planes and cannons was very fun. Jiuta asked if he could sketch him explodeing out of the cannon Mrs blair said "yes". I asked if I could skecth me parashooting out the plane she said "no".
ReplyDeleteBy Robert
looks like you had a good day room 12 NICE
ReplyDeleteHaha,
ReplyDeleteI love all of the awesome comments you guys posted!
Very cool!
I wish I was there! (hehe)
Next Friday, my class is going to Auckland to interview 'The Blues' rugby team!
Then in the last week of term 1, my class is going to interview 'The Chiefs' rugby team!
Do you know them?
I'm in 2 productions at my school,
One, I'm going to sing in,
And the other one,
I'm acting in.
Cool, huh?
Erin-Berkely