Tuesday, April 24, 2012

ANZAC Day

Tomorrow is ANZAC Day. It is a special day where we remember people who fought in World War One. We have been reading stories about what it was like for the ANZAC's when they were at war.

Today we made our own paper poppy and listened to the story 'The Red Poppy' by David Hill.

This is some of us with our poppies. Do you know why the poppy is worn on ANZAC Day?

7 comments:

  1. wow you guys look great with your poppieson I bought 4 poppies and went to the anzac parade check out my blog at http://room12hes.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/anzac-day.html#comment-form



    by Friedel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anzac day when people fought for the anzacs . by aleah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey.
    My name is Alex and I'm from Sydney, NSW, Australia. Our school also celebrated ANZAC day. I was really lucky and I got to be one of the leaders in the assembly. There is a girl in our school and her dad is in the army. I got to sit next to him. How cool is that! I had so much fun that day. Also yes I do know why we wear a poppy. Isn't it because it is the flower that symbolizes ANZAC day.
    Thank you for posting wonderful posts.
    P.S will you please visit my blog at
    http://canadiangirl.edublogs.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family brought two each poppy's for everyone in my family and I got extra Two so I had Four of them



    by Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a special day for everyone so who ever's grandad or papa or Dad did war was sad and that is why we do Anzac day.


    From Abigail Room12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi abi its nawal from melbourne victoria austrila i miss you so much say him to ari chris and tasha i miss u so much

      Delete
  6. wow yu look awsome with your popies on

    ReplyDelete