Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Arbour Day at Waiwhakareke



Penny says "we really enjoyed planting."  Abigail liked doing the tree dance to pat the dirt firmly around the tree. Lachlan said "I like the tree planting because I liked digging the holes. I had to make a square that was bigger than the tree." Avikash liked the food we got for all our hard work. Penny enjoyed learning the names of the trees we were planting. We looked at lots of different types of trees. Jarod liked losening or teasing the roots out and planting the trees into the holes that were already dug.
 "I really liked learning the names of the trees from Sarah Mills (Lachlan's mum)" Ismail
Khadija liked touching the worms, we found lots of worms. Amar found out what cow poo is like!!

7 comments:

  1. hi my name is jarod and i liked arbor day because it was very interesting about planting andd geting my hands dirty ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arbour day was so cool but then I began to get dirty.My dad darwincame to our school trip.He was so sleapy because he just finished work. zzz. Katand hazel and madasin and graciana my dad darwin..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi my name is jarod and i liked arbor day because it was interesting and i liked geting my hands dirty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thats a lot of trees! From:Erin and Xjaneyien

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow the photo looks Awesome from Khadija.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We really liked reading about your tree planting. We thought it was funny that you found out about cow poo while planting trees. Some of us learnt new things about planting trees. We even learnt about what you do once you've pulled the tree out of the pot and about digging big holes.
    We looked at the link to TV3 last week and we saw some of you on the news.
    From Room 14

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It looks like fun. I hope I can go there some day. From Liz (R14)

    ReplyDelete