- I really liked how they explained things well and didn't rush the information - Mayesa
- I really liked the way they were talking about trees and other plants - Paul
- I thought it was cool how much they had learnt and the way they explained things - Rocky
- I liked how everybody had a job, I was at a station and there was one person explaining and one person directing, it was really well organised - Lily
- I learned that there is a plant called a cabbage tree...but cabbages don't grow on it! Elias
- I learnt about the Wandering Jew weed, if you drop it it can grow a new plant and then it kills lots of plants and trees - Rocky and Rohan
- I liked how they managed us when we gave them a lot of questions and even when they were tricky questions they answered them really well. - Honey
- I like how they were being really sensible and not mucking around - Vahoi
- It is interesting about the outdoor classroom and I noticed a lot of good spots where it could be - Rohan
We also had some questions...
- Can you tell us more about the fire?
- Did you know there used to be a farm on Putikitiki? Heidi
- Why didn't you chose someone to go onto the other pathway, to the right of the gate? Paul
- If you are thinking of building the outdoor class on the nature trail will you have to tear down the plants? - Nicholas
- Why don't you plant flowers?
- When I first came down there was a slip - can you make it so it isn't so slippery? Izrayal
THANKS ROOM 18 - WE THINK YOU DID A FANTASTIC JOB!!
Did we know if there was a farm on Putikitiki? we have a mixed response with this question, some thought there was a kumara farm here, others didn't know. Do you know any information about this?
ReplyDeleteWe didn't choose to use the other path as it is not as safe as the path we used. The old nature trail needs to be cleared and repaired before it is suitable for class use. (answering the question about the trail to the right of the gate, did you mean left of the gate, towards the slide?)
ReplyDeleteInformation the fire: this was just an imaginary scenario where if there was a fire, you could use the outdoor class spaces (not rooms) as a safe space. It was an idea one of the speakers came up with to justify having an outdoor class. There are lots of pro's to outside classrooms, such as using it for drawing, writing, studying, enjoying and learning about nature. For safety purposes, stick to the school evacuation plan. (Sonja, a parent, help explained this answer, other answers were given by class group)
ReplyDeleteHere are some of our comments:
ReplyDeleteThank you for coming to see the nature trail, I hope you enjoyed it. - Aisha
Thanks for the nice comments - Arabella & Lucky
I liked your questions - Morris
What parts of the walk were you interested in? - Tyson