Room 13 and Room 12 chose two activities to celebrate Tane Mahuta Day.
This group of students learnt how to use rakau to the song E Papa Waiare.
This group of students enjoyed working in the garden with Ms Jones.
Which group were you in and what did you enjoy about your activity?
I wonder what other classes did? Take a look at the HES blogs to find out.
Kia ora koutou! Welcome to Room 11's blog We are year 5 and 6 learners in Kauri team and part of Tui hub. We enjoy sharing our learning and our experiences so please read our blog posts and don't forget to leave a comment or a question. You can access our Kauri site by the link below.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Stu Duval is such a fantastic storyteller. We love how he captured our attention with words, actions and sound effects. He uses humou...
-
This morning Room 12 spent some time looking in awe at the Redwood tree. We decided to see if we could get the whole class round the base of...
-
Today we went swimming for the first time this year in our school pool. Here are some pictures of us swimming. Today we did bottom dives w...
I was in the gardening group, helping all the little kids. I enjoyed pulling out all the weeds
ReplyDeleteBy Tasha
I enjoyed gardening with our buddy class and Ms Jones pulling out the weeds. I also liked finding lots of long worms and a lot of potatoes. From Jafar
ReplyDeleteI like the rakau activity sadly I wasn't there but gardening was awesome.
ReplyDeleteBecause I found lots of seeds.
By Jubilee
thats some pretty cool gardening it looked pretty cool even know i was at rako :D
ReplyDeleteby jaden
That was some amazing rakau room 13 .Sadly I wasn't there but gardening with Ms Jones was fun as well because I found lots of seeds and potatoes.
ReplyDeleteBy Saalihah Room 12
I really enjoyed gardening with Ms Jones and Room13 because Christopher, Jafar and I were working together to pull out weeds.
ReplyDeleteMartin Room12
I was surprised how big worms could get.
ReplyDeleteFrom Christopher room 12
I was in the rakau group, I enjoyed having to partner up with a Tortata buddy. The Tortata kids learned really quickly.
ReplyDeleteBy Alyssa
It looked like you guys were having a little bit of fun when you were pulling out weeds.
ReplyDeleteby Jaden
I enjoyed working in the garden with Ms Jones and Room 13. We pulled the beans out.
ReplyDeleteBy Ayman
I liked watching the rakau people at the end.
ReplyDeleteFrom Christopher room 12
When I was at Silver-Dale I did rakau because I was in Kapa-Haka for two years so I almost know it off by heart!
ReplyDeleteBy Levi room12
At the garden did some of you guys do sketches?
ReplyDeleteby Jaden
Room12 and 13 are very good at rakau, maybe one day you can be musician's and play for HES.
ReplyDeleteby Tainsh
Hi room12
ReplyDeleteI had so much fun to the beat with the Rakau. There were three part to the song the last one was a bit hard for the little ones.
I wasn't here on Friday but it looked like everyone had a great time i hope we can do the rakau song again.
ReplyDeleteby Mollie room12
That is some cool gardening from
ReplyDeleteLatoya rm14
Great tane mahuta video. Michelle room9
ReplyDeleteWow this is great I was gardening when I was in room 14 . It must have been hard work when you gardened all those crops.
ReplyDeleteConnor room9