Pesto is something you can spread on bread.
We made pesto from our basil that was growing in the school kitchen garden. We used some from Mrs Blairs house too.
We used 1 cup of basil (packed firmly)
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
60g parmesan cheese
30g cashew nuts
3 cloves of garlic
We ate it on gluten free bread and it wasn't as nice because of the bread. We doubled the recipe because we had lots of basil.
We made the pesto so we can share it at the school Harvest Festival which is next week! We are also going to save some so we can make pizza with Room 4 later this term.
See our photopeach of us making the pesto.
Wow! Room 12 you had so many basil leaves in those bowls and they looked big and juicy too!
ReplyDeleteI liked the way you were so focused Sakapo when you were measuring the oil. Maybe at the harvest festival you could try it with crackers or some fresh vegetables. Much nicer than Gluten Free bread!
Ms O'Neil
Hi Ms O'Neil,
DeleteWe think using fresh vegetables is a good idea. We thought we could use carrots and celery to dip in the pesto. Thanks for the great suggestion!
Room 12
Wow, what a great idea. I love pesto. I tried to make it once but it all went horribly wrong! I like the photo gallery too. I just made one on our blog about some homework we created. I might need to get back in touch with you guys when it warms up and we can finally plant some crops in our vegetable plots!
ReplyDeleteMr Hemmings
We used basil in our pizza sauce for the Harvest festival too. Jahquinia R5
ReplyDeleteLooks like cooking was fun for you guys.
ReplyDeleteYusuf rm11