Thursday, January 26, 2012

Welcome back

I found this gorgeous slideshow on Appleby School's Year 4 class blog 
They have some interesting posts that I enjoy reading. This one really grabbed me today as I think about the children starting school in Room 12 next week. I wonder what five things I will share with you.


Please leave a comment, what are five things you want your new teacher to know about you? 



7 comments:

  1. I want my teachers to know that...

    I want to be inspired to want to learn what they want to teach me.

    I want them to understand that I might not learn the same way that they did when they went to school.

    I want them to know that I want to be connected to other learners not just the ones in the same classroom as me.

    I want them to know that I can show my learning in ways that aren't writing and drawing posters.

    I want them to give me time to play and learn and share things that I want to learn about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I am also a learner here are five things my new teacher needs to know about me...

    1. I want them to know I need time to try new things for myself, fail and try again. (Explore)

    2. I want to learn about tools that will help my students learn and prepare for their future.

    3. I want to be in charge of what I learn. Ask me "What do you want to gain from being here?"

    4. I want to see that you are enthusiastic about your idea and realistic about what you want me to achieve.

    5. I want a learning environment where I am hooked and want to know more. "5 minutes to hook em, and 55 minutes to cook em" - Kevin Honeycutt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want my teachers to know that:

    1. I love being motivated and inspired in my learning. When this happens the learning is always relevant AND it expands my world.

    2. I want to ask questions and share my thinking. In doing this, I hope to further my own ideas and contribute to others.

    3. I want to know that my teachers are learners too and that they are open enough to learn from anyone - even me.

    4. I want to be challenged to consider ideas and try new things that are outside of my comfort zone.

    5. I want to know that my teachers are invested in their learners' learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like my old clase room and it is good i am in at agan




    by Elie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked how your class did this.

    from Abigail and Ariana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like gymnastikes khadija

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a good idea to tell our teacher 5 things about ourselfs. I hope our teacher thinks it
    a good idea.

    ReplyDelete